Low Grade Continuous Centrifugals
Broadbent low grade continuous centrifugals combine performance with a simple mechanical design. Broadbent has drawn on years of experience in the world sugar industry to develop and design its range of continuous centrifugals.
Key features that ensure high performance and efficient operation include:
- Central feed and acceleration cone to ensure 360o distribution of massecuite
- Special stainless steel basket which is fully perforated for rapid separation
- Wash and steam massecuite conditioning system
- Three point external suspension heavy duty vibration isolators
- Simple grease lubricated bearing housing
- Double support meshes for working screen
The Broadbent range of continuous centrifugals:
Nominal BasketDiameter (mm)
Max. SeparatingForce (G)
Max. MotorPower (kW)
2850 x G
2600 x G
2500 x G
The capacities quotes above are typical only and depend on massecuite quality and temperature.
Optional extras include stainless steel contact parts, automation and separation of washings and molasses.
Broadbent continuous centrifugals are normally supplied to discharge crystals but can be configured to provide a liquid discharge of magma or syrup.
Basic layout of the Broadbent SPV range of continuous centrifugals.