High Grade Continuous Centrifugals
The Broadbent SPVH High Grade Continuous Centrifugal is designed to process high-grade sugar massecuites for continuous performance with batch results.
Developed from innovative technology of NQEA and partners in the Australian sugar industry, our High Grade Continuous Centrifugal design now offers a realistic alternative to Batch Centrifugals on specific products.
- Crystal protection equipment to reduce crystal damage to indiscernible levels
- Central feed and distribution cone incorporating steam re-heating
- Primary and secondary separation area in dual angle basket
- High open area working screens permit constant high throughputs of massecuite
- Wash facilities allowing the precise application of wash water
- Very low energy consumption
- Three point external suspension using steel spring isolators
- Grease lubricated bearing configuration provides very long bearing life
- High level of automation, e.g. feed valve, wash valve, steam, etc.
- Options include stainless steel contact parts, liquid discharge offering part dissolving facility and high and low purity liquor separation within the casing.
Comparison of process performance between batch and continuous centrifugals:
Capacity (T/h Massecuite)
Discharged crystal Condition
Sugar Moisture (% W/W ex-cent)
Power Consumption (kWh/T Mcute)
Up to 150kW
Maximum 45 kW
Wash Water Consumption (%Mcute)
2 - 4
6 - 10
Automatic with PLC
Automatic with PLC
For massecuites with a large crystal size (MA) and a small variation is size (CV) then high grade continuous centrifugals offer a viable alternative to batch centrifugals in the following applications :
- Raw sugar production (inc VHP).
- Refinery affination.
- Refined white sugar.
It is important to review the massecuite MA/CV and the down stream dryer capacity when considering high grade continuous centrifugals.