The Broadbent Process Laboratory provides an exceptional service to prospective clients who want to investigate the separation characteristics of solid - liquid mixtures.
• Full capability to test the process characteristics of Customer samples.
• Test centrifuges available from bench-scale to small production units.
• Testing undertaken in-house or at the end-user's plant as required.
• On-site training, optimization and commissioning support service.
• Full particle and slurry analysis facilities.
• Purpose built test laboratory with large fume extraction bay fully equipped with Zone 2 electrics.
Our Process Laboratory is a key element in finding the right solution to a separation problem. The comprehensive facilities of the laboratory enable Broadbent to provide our clients with detailed process information and help us scale up to full plant operation.
Our Process Laboratory has the following test centrifuges:
- Test-tube centrifuge
- 100 mm dia perforate and imperforate laboratory basket centrifuge.
Small scale batch basket centrifuges
- 230 mm dia perforate and imperforate vertical axis manual discharge basket centrifuge with skimming attachment.
- 530 mm dia perforate and imperforate vertical axis manual discharge basket centrifuge with skimming attachment.
- 354 mm dia x 150 mm deep horizontal axis plough discharge peeler centrifuge. Suitable for application requiring GMP and nitrogen purge.
- 300 mm dia x 155 mm deep horizontal axis plough discharge basket centrifuge.
- 350 mm dia scroll / screen centrifuge
- 440 mm dia conical basket centrifuge with advanced instrumentation.
- 150 mm dia x 300 mm solid bowl decanter. Sealed and suitable for nitrogen purging.
- 150 mm dia x 300 mm solid bowl decanter.
- 300 mm dia x 710 mm solid bowl decanter. Sealed and suitable for nitrogen purging.
- 450 mm dia x 1100 mm solid bowl decanter.
- 450 mm dia x 700 mm solid bowl decanter.
- 450 mm dia x 700 mm screen bowl decanter.
Larger scale test centrifuges (subject to availability)
- 600 mm dia and 900 mm dia decanter centrifuges.
- 900 mm and 1250 mm dia vertical basket centrifuges.
Our Process Laboratory has a selection of tanks, variable rate pumps, pipe-work, valve and control equipment to assist during on-site and in-house process testing. This collection of test centrifuges is complemented by a selection of ancillary equipment to analyse and measure the throughputs, performance and particle size of the process flows.
This equipment includes:
- Particle size and shape analyzer for particles from 2-1000microns.
- Sieve analysis down to 43 microns.
- Ashing furnaces.
- Drying ovens.
- Optical microscopy.
As well as instruments for measuring conductivity, viscosity, temperature, pressure, pH etc.
To discuss your requirements please contact the Broadbent Laboratory at
T: +44 (0)1484 477236
F: +44 (0)1484 428041